Yasha Kahn joins us to discuss his experiences traveling the US with some of the best Olympic weightlifters in the world (and some of the best from the Powerlifting world, as well). He’s helped run seminars with Dmitry Klokov, Vasiliy Polovnikov, Ilya Ilyin, and Tatiana Kashirina. More recently, he’s worked with all-around-strongman Misha Koklyaev and Boris Sheiko, who is arguably the greatest powerlifting coach of all time. We talk about our introductions to the sport of weightlifting, what it’s like to learn from the best in the sport, cultural differences, and the new 2016 National Qualifying totals for USAW.
- Yasha’s blog: yashathoughts.com
- Yasha and Ilya Ilyin snatch competition
- Uncle JP’s discussion of the 2016 USAW qualifying totals
- Boris Sheiko’s Website
- Mikhail “Misha” Koklyaev on All Things Gym
- The upcoming Polovnikov training camps
Also available on iTunes!