This past weekend the Doctors were together in lovely Chicago (loosely, Chicago-area), Illinois, for the 2017 USAW National Championships. While there we had the pleasure to record an episode with Cheryl Haworth: 2000 Olympic bronze medallist, 2004 and 2008 Olympian, American record holder, Youth World record holder, and multiple-time National Champion (among other accomplishments). Cheryl spoke with us about her development, her training environment with some of the sport’s greats, her mindset when returning from a serious injury, her American records (128 snatch, 161 clean and jerk, and 287 total!), and much, much more. Enjoy!
- Strong! (documentary about Cheryl Haworth)
- Cheryl’s website: http://www.haworthweightlifting.com/
- Cheryl’s instagram: https://www.instagram.com/haworthweightlifting/
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/chaworthweightlifting/
- Bonus! Some of Cheryl’s drawings below:
[NB: the profile is a portrait of fellow Olympian Cara Heads Slaughter, who we had as a guest on our previous episode.]
Also available on iTunes!