After our whirlwind week in Houston, we discuss some highlights from the 2015 IWF World Championships. In an effort to stick within a reasonable timeframe, we limit ourselves to an inaccurately named “Top 5” list that includes roughly a dozen items. Highlights include a discussion of the media setup, the warmup room, and our favorite lifts from the competition.
- Om Yun Chol cleaning 175 kilos after clean and jerking 171 kilos for the win and a new World Record
- Wu Jingbiao snatching 139 for a new World Record
- Alex Lee snatching a new American Record
- Elkhan Aligulizada breaking Tanir Sagir’s junior clean and jerk record with 203 kilos
- Artem Okulov holding on to his 215 clean and jerk for the gold
- Jenny Arthur’s lifts, including her American Record 138 clean and jerk
- Rim Jong Sim snatching 125 and then clean and jerking 155 despite being injured
- Aleksey Lovchev’s huge 264 clean and jerk for a new World Record
Also available on iTunes!