Sean Waxman of Waxman’s Gym joins us to talk about the current mess regarding USAW athlete selection for the 2015 World Championships in Houston. Other topics include Mr Waxman’s history in the sport, his advice for others looking to start weightlifting-only gyms, and the entries for the World Championships. Enjoy!
- Waxman’s letter to USAW regarding his athlete Caitlin Hogan
- USAW BOD meeting minutes (the meeting in question is 10-18-15)
- IWF announcement of final entries for Houston WWC (with link to PDF of entries)
- All Things Gym page dedicated to the 2015 WWC (includes Russian team announcement)
- Liao Hui telling the camera “It was too heavy, Xiao Jun,” after attempting a 211-kilo clean and jerk at the 2015 Grand Prix in China
Also available on iTunes!